Saturday, February 25, 2006

Kids

When I say Kids, I don't mean young goats. Rather the implications of young humans taking on the character of little goats~! (So bad a caretaker)
Its all about the way you talk to them sometimes. Gotta be firm ut not too pushy, I'm trying to strike a balance here now..

Yes, I'm stuck with 3 kids for 3 days cuz my parents went to Bangkok with my neighbours on a weekend holiday. So its my turn to be the "babysitter" for the few days (which I gladly agreed at first, I think they well deserve this break).

I was back in time before they got home from school, so 1 point for me! (YaY!)

Took them out to McDonalds for lunch (their request .. so thought I'd make a good impression)

Let them watch TV and play a little bit while I did my work in the evening.

Had to rush out to buy groceries cuz I found out the cupboards were empty (I promised them pasta tonight)

Made "nice" pasta for them, so another point for me ( though they didn't finish em all up)

Pushed them so hard to get them to be ready for tuition. (They were PLANNING to be late!!!)

Got them just in time for tuition, so another point for me (Yippie! Getting good at this)

Had some personal time while they were away.. and watched a super clear DVD of Oliver Twist (Good Show, I liked the emotions and the psychology of it)

Picked them up from tuition perfect timing (though it disrupted my show... half a point maybe?)

Tried to push them to wash up and go to bed, this was tough. Had to really know how to talk to them properly.

Went out with my friends while they were watching TV about 11pm (Bad babysitter, lepaking -- minus 1 point)

Came back aout 12.30 to find them still glued to the Dumb-Black-Box (TV) Bad Bad babysitter -- minus the half point!!

Finally they're asleep (about 12.45am)

Well lots to do again tomorrow, gonna have to feed them, wash clothes, send them to tuitions, bring them out for some fun, and clean up after them...
Busy busy day.. but not with my own work.. haha

I think I'm just not ready yet for parenting.
(I'm amazed how MeL* keeps that balance)

5 comments:

everquint said...

Oh~! I'll settle for that Bonus point from a friend~! Thank You so much, u're far too kind~!

AmyWongJiaHui said...

wah, so u know how to made 'nice' pasta?? good good, teach me!! felt quite embarrass for a female to ask a male how to cook.
oh, ur roomie oso know how to cook... just found out...he showed his cooking skills this afternoon, in BG... nowadays, guys really can cook, i assume its for their own survival, hehe...

Well, i would think that u earn another bonus point for making 'nice' pasta, many guys know how to make simple food like maggy and fry egg.

Keep up the parenting job...

God bless,
Amy
ps. was wondering why they didnt finish the pasta... is it bcoz it dont taste like one??

Anonymous said...

They didn't wanna finish it cuz I cooked too much. I thought kids these days eat alot, I guess I could be wrong

Anonymous said...

wooo hoo... u made food for them ? am so amazed! well there, all prepared to enter fatherhood ? :)

elpizo

Anonymous said...

Hey koko!

Read and laughed at ur post! I miss those lill rascals! hahaha! You did a great job, bro! 1000 pts for u coz u didn't blow up at them! hahahaha!

Love,
Sis from spore :D