Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Perfect Fit

The words of my friend Kay Jin still lingers in my thoughts. "Do you believe in coincidance?" he asked. "Certainly there is a divine plan," I replied. "But for what, I may not know yet". Perplexed by the thoughts of a divine arrangement kept me thinking and reflecting on how my life came together like a script perfectly written. I'm not saying my life is perfect, yet how amazingly all things come together around me keeps me believing that there is a Soveriegn God.

As I look back in the days of my High school, my friends always asked of my confidence. "Why aren't you troubled of where you're going? Isn't there something you would like to do? Where do you see yourself in future?". The same friend who asked me these questions is here with me today in UM.

All my life, I've seen how God has led me and my family into difficult cirumstances so we may learn and He would display His awesome wonder of redeeming what's lost. Sadly. it is at troubled times His words speak louder. My family's Exodus from Church to Church has helped us see a bigger picture. Myself in UM has pushed me into a position to be a servant of servants. Relationships cornered me to reexamine my Relationship with Him. In lack I've seen abundance. Indeed. God is in control.

"Don't you think some times we are like stringed puppets on a stage set to entertain the audience of One?" another friend may ask. "A play written by a friend whom I know loves me, I would gladly and willingly follow. May it be bright days or, storms, blessings or perils, I am amenable."

As sacrifice leads to greater sacrifices, will I be able to finally give my all? I know someday the phone will ring, will I be able to say "yes" when I pick it up?

There's a garment already prepared for me. I will grow into it that it may come to me as a perfect fit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There's a garment already prepared for me. I will grow into it that it may come to me as a perfect fit".- Nice allegory!

"Our hearts are restless til they find rest in Thee".- St. Augustine

Your blog's getting more thought-provoking! Keep on writing.

Anonymous said...

U know what? The title came into my head first while I was in class. I couldn't help thinking about some things and how they worked out.

That last phrase came to me when I ended my little journaling while I was resting at Chem Dept, 2 hours apart after I started the first sentance.

It was indeed.. a perfect fit