Thursday, June 22, 2006

Demands

What can a servant demand?
Whom can he authoritatively ask favours from?
Why should he be given a chance even to speak?

For one to make demands, he must be in a position to do so. But what justifies such a position?
Perhaps for a politician = great political influence
for a business man = great wealth and success
for an experienced engineer = a mega scale project portfolio
for a doctor = great number of lives he has saved

But what of a servant? Even the head of servants must listen to orders. If given orders from his Master, would he then be given the power to demand of other servants?

I think in this age of liberalism, we have lost sense of servants and masters. Everyone is a master for himself. Liberated he does all he likes. Pleasures of his own for his own glory forgetting a debt he owes his master.
Now that he has forgotten that he is a servant, he responds in his own greatness to demand of others to accomplish his will, but not the will of his master.

I'm questioning the existance of 2 points of power to demand.
One given authoritatively,
Another by selfish ambitions.

Now what of this leadership? As cheif servant, whose will am I accomplishing?
Mine?
Theirs?
or His?


A great man indeed I am not,
By the heel as I run, I'm caught,
To stop and give this a little thought,
Is there worth at all, the fight we've fought?
Was it for our own glory?
Are our offerings to You worthy?
To me, why have You given such?
Me a rusty dime, I don't worth much.
Am I in a position to demand?
If given authority by Your command?
Is there something I don't see?
Oh Lord, you lead me, you lead me.

No comments: