Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

31st December 2006

Done with another year. Its been a good beginning and I think its been a better ending. Surely I thank God most of all for His faithfulness to me throughout this year. Like the man who looked back at the footprints in the sand, sometimes I felt as if He wasn't there with me when trouble times came, but amidts a few trying times throught this year, He has shown His goodness and His presence in my life ever so evidently!

This year I've got the opportunity to strenghten ties with more of my old friends and also got to know a few new ones. I'm really thankful for all my friends who've been there with me, through joy and sadness, leisure and pressure, for the sharing in open and in secret, for laughters that make my jaws ache and quietness for a listening ear... there are so many times in my ups and downs this year that I thank God for sending a friend to be with me!

Family!!! This year I've done somethings that I've never thought possible to express to my family members. For each of my family members I've done something for them on their birthdays. For my mom, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. For my dad, a swanky steak dinner at Rendezvous. And for my dear sister Ivy, a surprise trip down to Singapore to celebrate her 21st Birthday! Big girl already...

Summary of '06

Started this year as President of PKVUM. Heavily tasked, pretty draining but exciting!
Come February, it a lovey dovey month with Valentines Day in place and all. Came pretty close to getting hooked up with someone. Close...
Had a great Easter party in Mid-March and me for the first time playing "Jesus". Wasn't a walk in the park...
Exams - Exams and more Exams in April!
Spent 2 and a half months in Industrial training after that at a Palm Oil Mill... a Great Experience living in the countyside (Gua Musang, Kelantan)
June, something happened that made me think the world was crashing down on me (~~ Why does the sun keep on shining?~~~), only to find myself landing on a pillow that broke my fall.
Come a New Semester!! Less work load, new Juniors, new challenges, more support.
Debaters calling me back to join them but I declined... once again. Helped them at Haluansiswa and was tempted to join them again.
Projects and more PKV projects
Mid-Sem came, thought I'm gonna do badly this sem for sure~!! So bucking up!!
One week holiday that was half spent in Cameron. Here, there were rumours spreading about me getting too close to someone.
September was a whole month of thinking.. could she be The One? Mid September the question popped up. Friends are asking, parents are curious, buddies are provoking!
Question 2 popped up again in a dramatic way the day 5th Semester ended~! She said "yes".
Study - Dating - Study - Study - Dating - Study - Study - Study - Dating - Study - Exam~!!
Holiday~! One whole month of "Honeymoon". Was down in Singapore to celebrate [V]s birthday!
Late December and my supposedly Final Sem just started and with it came the Winter Holiday Seasons... (I wish there was really snow here... really hot and damp in KL~!!!)
Resolutions for the New Year?? ---- Yet to be made
-- End of 2006 .... awaiting 2007~!! --

Have a wonderful year ahead my friends~!!!

Signing off the last Blog Entry of 2006~!
-everquint-

-END-

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

interesting year for u in 06. keep up the good for 07 and years to come as it's never in vain. and never a case to say "leave it to the new/younger guys"

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Johnny~!

Haha, no sure how you found my blog but, yeah.. what you say is true~! I'm leaving a legacy here in my campus.. that's what I wanna do and I believe its what God wants me to do as well