Thursday, January 31, 2008

Employed

HydroKTaiko

I'm actually blogging this because, since I've posted my nickname as "I got the Job! Praise God~!" on my MSN account, I've been bombarded with the same questions and I've repeated it over 7 times liow... so to save some typing time.. I'd best setup a blog entry:)

First of all, I want to Thank God for the Job offer! It was something that I quite eyed for even when I was doing my job search. Even when I stumbled on this company and the position that they were hiring, it was one of the 3 that I really put effort to customize my CV to fit the application for the position offered. Something clicked with me! The little experience that I have with water treatment from my Industrial Training days were of good use! I'm sure by divine purpose, this was granted to me... for how long? I don't know... but I really Thank Him who takes care of the bread and butter I need!

I've just got the confirmation letter on my Job offer today! After carefully looking through the contract and the letter of appointment, I have decided that I will take the position as a Water Treatment Engineer in Hydro K Sdn. Bhd. Its a subsidiary under Taiko Marketing Malaysia.

Ok, here is the gist of the questions...

What company is this?

HydroK is actually a chemical supplying company that builds water treatment systems for plants and mills and they also sell chemicals to service the facility they erected for their customers. There are a few specifications the water quality must be at before it can be used in milling and production processes in factories, so the company provide services to treat such water.

HydroK is under Taiko Marketing. Its an International Company that's stretched its base in several ASEAN countries.

What is the nature of your job?

The position is given as a Water Treatment Engineer. Basically it deals with some sales and services. When the water treatment facilities are provided, there must be someone who knows to manage it. I will be the one who does the training and from time to time do tests to maintain the systems in the mills.

Thus this job may require me to travel and meet clients and even go to the mills and eventually be an on-site "consultant" to our clients. It means that I may have to relive the "Gua Musang" experience again from time to time.

But as for now, as I am new, I will be based at head office and will tag along with my managers and supervisors to meet clients and get myself familiar with the 130 range wide of chemicals that the company is selling. Maybe only specialized on the ones that does water treatment.

Where will you work?

Yes, I am based in Shah Alam! I will be based there initially to familiarize myself with the work I'll be undertaking. Soon I will have to travel even further to client's offices and plants.

Oh ya~! I do seem to like the environment there:) Conducive for work!

So far? How are you traveling?

I am currently traveling on my trustee Comel motorcycle:) Eventually I may need to get a car because of the nature of my work. But until I can afford one, I will ride my Black Stallion till it has served its purpose well...

How much are they paying you?

Its a secret... no la.. wanna know.. ask me personally la.. hehe... but the bad thing is salary only reviewed once a year

What are the additional Benefits?

Standard lo... Medical coverage, Employee insurance (extended to immediate family), 18 per annum paid leaves, sick leave paid up to 28 days, 60 hospitalization days, etc...

When will you start?

Starting after CNY... 11th Feb 2008!

Any other questions... post on the comments:)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Dave said...

COngratulations! Shah alam is not too far from Subang :)

Work life is an experience to discover our gifts and talents, and who we are at heart. Experiment!

Ivy said...

Congrats bro! :D Feel so excited for you :D!