Saturday, February 09, 2008

Complete Make Over

Incredible! I was offered by my own niece to have a complete make over! She asked me for S$ 1000... I curiously asked why... She said, "I need S$1000 to have a complete make over of your image!" Dazed in my mind my thougts reacted, "Why would I need a make over? Do I look that bad?" Then I came to my senses! Yes... I'm 24 this year... I still look like a teenager!

Stangely, I do find that most of the people I am around with now have changed quite a bit. In the way they wear, the way they speak, the things they like and what they want. Of course I don't see myself "conforming to the ways of the world" but I think what my little niece (who is obsessed with Taiwanese artists by the way...) does carry a point. I need to change! (At least a little bit). I'll be working soon, this Monday I'll be joining the marketplace for the first time! I'm going to have to be more matured and dress properly for work! Even when I go out, I'd probably have to change my clothes! And yes, the next point she brought to me was that its gonna cost me!

As I visit Singapore these few days, I've come to see why my niece said that to me. Here, even the teenagers act like adults. (Of course with the few punky looking kids around). What really struct me is that these people really have a diciplined healthy lifestyle! I went to the gym with James this morning and I realised its not just my wardrobe that needs change.. I need to also pump up my fitness level. I've been on the steady decline these days and today I found that my dad could even lift himself up easier that I can! Had my medical check up earlier this week, I'm scoring just a little higher on the over weight line! I used to give excuse that I have big muscular built around my chest, but I know now I'm just denying the fact that I've got lots of fats in many other regions as well!

From today onwards, I'm committed to keep myself healthy and active as God had commissioned me to take care of this Temple He has entrusted to me!

1) I have stretching exercise daily in spite of my job hours
2) I will have a fixed routine to maintain a wholesome health momentumn
3) Once a week I will climb mountain (Saga or Ketumbar)
4) Lay off the Carbs, Fats and Oils
5) Eat lightly and no stuffing myself until I feel too full
6) No sweets more than once a day
7) Fruits and vegetables the way to snack
8) No supper time
9) Sleep Early
10)Be accountable to my progress logs


Target weight : 60kg in 3 months

3 comments:

discordant dude said...

dun follow the singaporeans. they have lost the bohemian spirit ages ago!

Ivy said...

Gladys right! I wonder where she learned all these things from... hmpphhh... Hahahaha! How's work?

Suit Lin said...

HAHA. All the best to you boss! =) oh and hor you should stop wearing the tight t-shirts! :P

Take Care