Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Chef-mastery


This old fasion rice cooker was a gift from my grand mother for my parents wedding. It has served us, fed me to who I am today. Without which I would not have tasted life as it is been and will be for me.
I can't say thank you to a pot, but I'm thankful for the riches of His providance and for those who took care of me thus far (my parents).

It is also partialy it's (the green thing up there) fault that because of "it", many of my friends know me as a "rice basket" a.k.a "Fan Thung" (cina speaking)
I love rice.. I cant go a day without eating rice.. not satisfied till I get enough of it before the day ends.. its heaven to have nasi lemak every morning for breakfast .. (I actualy dont mind)


Got to really learn how to cook these days...
Going to Gua Musang without such a skill is a handicap
Gotta befriend some of the locals there and ask them to teach me their traditional ways of cooking ... I'm sure they make really nice food there...

I was in Borders today with Amy and Macy ... stumbbled upon a few cook books... one by Anthony Bourdain.. then it dawned on me.. "Hey, dont leave the kitchen to the Girls~!"
Gotta survive there also and if I and Tux dont learn to really cook.. we're not gonna eat Nasi Kandar for 8 weeks straight (though rice larr.. but every meal .. a bit too much liow lor)

I tried cooking today... wont tell what I cooked... cheated a lil la.. Dad helped wan... my great teacher now...

Realized cooking is much like chemistry, know your ingredients, know what you want to "synthesize", follow procedure, a hint of spicy creativity .. some minor "data" adjustments ..(haha), control temperature, observe timing, at the end of it all settle it all down and make it look beautiful...

That's what I call cooking-chemistry..

5 comments:

el'z said...

woa... i think guys who can cook are a real catch ! coz i like to eat and can't cook ;p

well, have fun with pkvians and UMians... thx to YOM, it suddenly hitted me then that i'm gonna leave such a wealth of memories behind...

p.s- *ta da*... din know i kept a blog le?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out who you are... hmm.. judging from your blog, u must be a final year senior.

Haha sorry yeah, u have a blur junior here~!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Serious bro! Must cook for me when I visit u in Gua Musang!

el'z said...

hmm..

i got older last month,
famous for my insatiable appetite for food & sleep;
collects trash for pkv..

need more clues ?

Anonymous said...

I think the cookie itself was a big clue already.

Hi Chi Hui~! Thanks for the little note on my blog.