Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Night Flares

Its the first Blog entry for the New Year.

These nights aren't giving me a chance to sleep tightly. Most occuring obscure thoughts keep my mind awake. I can't seem to put a pin on where my mind is wandering off to. So many things flash through in and out. It sometimes tingle my emotions, sometimes they just depress my heart, yet some pains me to think about them.

Maybe God is trying to tell me something. Perhaps something I've never learnt to listen or pay attention to. I'm praying much these days, not sure why, I mean I ought to all the time anyway, but it seems to me that now I have a compelling drive to start seeking. He's got my attention now anyway.

Though the clouds hover,
Though they appear lower,
Much is the moon light,
Still reflecting bright,
Even amidst the tears of the skies,
Its glow never dies,
Much like the thoughts within,
My concentration wearing thin,
Though my mind is tired,
And should have long retired,
These thoughts keep haunting,
No idea why they keep coming,
Have to start putting them together,
To something I can decipher,
I'm sure they mean something,
Until then they'll keep flaring.
Oh God what are you telling?
Must I still wait for what is coming?
Is there a deeper calling?
Or is my mind just failing?
Sorry, I lack understanding.
All this seems so confusing.

-A Peace of my Thoughts-

2 comments:

AmyWongJiaHui said...

wow, very well written!! i had always wanted to write and recite my own poem, but i just cant produce a good one...
hahaha

kindda envied to those who can recite it in one go...

Mel said...

Beautiful poem, and a beautiful use of couplets :) You should take up Literature! Thanks for sharing, it was really inspiring! God bless you, bro!