Sunday, January 15, 2006

A year ago

This is what I wrote in my friendster a year ago on my 20th Birthday. I dont want to loose it online because I want to write a new one to replace what was on my profile. I think keeping one copy here would be a safe place to keep it on the net.
Now that I'm 21, I guess its time to write a new one.

A Scream pierced Silence like Paper with a Knife,
Seconds before a new born breathed life.
A Scream from a new mother like never before,
Late one night on November 1984.

Nurses took and bathed the child,
Ever so tenderly, ever so mild.
The Doctor said, "He needs special attention,
He's suffocated with severe Mal-Nutrition."

Nevertheless, hard times pulled through.
Over weeks and months, better he grew.
Now 20 years later he's drastically changed,
Now thankful to God for what he became.

My 20th Birthday most meaningful to me,
I've learnt to treasure my friends and family.
Also the second chance in life God graciously given,
Otherwise you'll all know me only in heaven!

I would thank my good friends one by one,
But this poem is too hurriedly done,
If I get the chance, I'll shake your hand,
and say, "Thank you for showing me what it means to be a friend".

Lastly I'd say a prayer just to end,
A message to Heaven now I want to send.

Thank You Lord For all You've done,
You've made me who you wanted me to become.
Use me Lord in all I can possibly do,
I live this life only to serve You~!
Amen~!

Looking back into this piece of work... I've found much errors... haha
But I love to write, I'll keep writting

No comments: