Saturday, November 11, 2006

Birthday --- Exams

Every year without fail I run into this dilemma of 2 worlds. To celebrate or to dread studying.
Yup, I'm taking the liberty this year here just to share a little bit of what I go through in the recent years.

I love the number 11. Ok, November 11 is special to me (Obviously... if u don't yet know.. its my BIRTHDAY~!!). And to add to that effect, I was born at 11:13pm at Hospital Besar Cina Kuala Lumpur. Yeah, I guess you could say my dad was 2 minutes late to register me exactly at 11:11pm, but I'm still glad.

The date itself is very easy to remember, and you've guessed it, my SMS inbox is being bombarded by friends from every circle. Friends of Old and friends of Late, from old church, old school mates, Serayians and Victorians, PKVians, Old fellow Campers, UM-ers, Bestarians, and family members. Just wanna shout out a word of THANK YOU to all of you~! (Yeah, thx Kim - all the way from Auzzieland~!)

But the sad part is, ever since High School days, espcially when we're taking Major Exams (SPM and STPM), my Birthday Falls on the Exam period~!! I think I was taking Biology STPM on my 19th Birthday. Ever since I've been in University of Malaya, I've always had posponed birthday celebrations. At those times, It just doesn't feel the same like the old days.

My most memorable birthday was when I turned 18 in 2002. I was in lower 6 and most of us were already in the holiday mood drawing to the close of the academic year. My old school friends with some of my new Victorian friends threw a party for me at my house~! I enjoyed it very very much! It was fun having the whole house noisy with chatters and laughters. Then they brought out the "Secret Recipe Chocolate Banana" cake~! HUGE pile of cream and fudge~! I loved it so much~! It was sooo big we couldn't finish it thought there were so many of us. Those were the days... (or rather that was the day...)

Yup, yet again today and for the past 2 years, Exams and Birthdays clash. My 21st birthday was another quiet one. Just me and my family minus Ivy who was in Singapore, sat at Kim Gary's Mid Valley on table 11 and had a decent meal. (Thanks Ashley for the nice card u made and the guys back from the old school for the cross necklace you people gave, dad and mom for the gold ring)

Today has just begun. My friend is getting married today~! So it means my parents will be going to her wedding and I'll be babysitting the kiddos at home. (Congrats Krystal~! Have a wonderful wedding~!). Well, the day has just begun. At least 1hr and 21 mins through by now already. Who knows what's in store.. haha :)

Birthdays remind me of alot of my friends. Its true when they say no man is an Island. We're all born in a sea of faces. People we meet and get acquainted becomes part of our lives. How well we be friends depends on how much time and exprience we share with them. Throughout our lives we will continue to engage with one another giving and taking from one another till we depart from this world. It also reminds us of what really matters that we do here on earth. Is it worth it all? Can I make a grown man cry? Or a sobbing toddler cease her tears?


What are we doing here?...

Let's study..

1 comment:

Suit Lin said...

Blessed birthday,

May the new year bring forth rich and abundant blessings and challenges for you as you discover more than a glimpse of heaven and God's direction in your life. ;)

Thank you for always being one who encourages and a man of words with actions.